Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Waiting

...for the PICC line nurse to arrive. Things are busy around here so it's not a surprise that things are behind schedule. I guess it doesn't really matter on our end if it happens now or in the next few hours but I think I'll feel better once it's done. It's been a tough morning. Some days we feel so strong and others so helpless. As soon as Alex opened her eyes this morning I went to her bedside to talk to her and play with her hair. If she's alert enough I read her her cow book (her favorite book of all time). As soon as she heard my voice, she opened her eyes wide and she looked at me with such desperation. Her silent cry simply broke my heart.

We are grateful for the progress she's made and for the great care she is receiving. We know God is watching over Alex which is comforting and we are staying positive. I think exhaustion is kicking in and we are feeling emotionally drained at the moment. Please keep the prayers coming and know that your comments help to brighten our day :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hang in there. you are doing a fantastic job at staying positive and encouraging Alex along. She is going to make it...remember..in our weakness, He is made strong! Praying for all of you today!

claire

Anonymous said...

We are waiting with you ;) If I could fill up your heart, I would. And Alex and Jimmy's too! These situations tend to max people out, but push them further than they even knew they could handle. You all will come out stonger when this has passed. And most importantly, Alex is touching so many peoples lives and bringing so many people together. She is an angel!
~Auntie Natalie

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for all the updates. We are crying and rejoicing with you. Hope you three can have a peaceful afternoon of rest.

Love, The Womacks

Anonymous said...

You remember this Diffee's Psalms 46:1-3 God is our refuge and strength,
a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,
though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble at its swelling. Cyn GW