Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Redecorating

Not a whole lot to report this morning. She had a pretty good night, and has been sleeping all morning. I think the Fentanyl might have something to do with it, but we're okay with that. Better asleep & calm than awake & squirmy.

I guess the pressure in her lungs is a little higher than it should be - they say that could be due to the sticky mucus not letting her lungs inflate as much as they should. I really don't know the severity if this excess pressure, or what they're going to do - so will just wait.

I did a little redecorating in her room today. Put up some pictures of her when she was in better spirits, just to remind us. It's been almost a week since we've seen her smile.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I love the pictures you have put up. She is such a precious doll.
Love,
Nana Carol

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry that Alex is having such a tough time. I'm keeping her in my thoughts and prayers. She is such a beautiful baby and I love your pictures. I'm glad she had a good night last night.
Amanda (Baby Center)

Anonymous said...

Jimmy & Nicole,
We all here at Infants First are praying for a speedy recovery for little Miss. Alex. The staff looks forward to your updates on her progress and is anxious to get her back in our arms. :-) Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Peace & Blessing,
Kristy

Anonymous said...

praying for you today and praying that you will soon see that precious smile very soon. hang in there.

claire

Anonymous said...

We are hoping and praying for Alex's usually cheery demeanor to return. Sorry you've had such a long and uphill battle recently. Lucy is anxiously awaiting her return to church--mostly so that she can try to steal her hat or pacifier!

Krista and Eric

Anonymous said...

God bless you guys and everything your entire family is going through. Alex has already been through much more then I ever have. She is an amazing inspiration and one tough kid. She couldn't have been blessed with more wonderful, caring parents. Your always in my prayers.

Phm 1:25 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.

Trevor