Tuesday, February 24, 2009

No Luck

A little after 11am the PICC line nurse arrived. She remembered Alex from the last time she placed her PICC line and felt hopeful going into the procedure. I left the room and came back 45 minutes later as instructed and the nurse stepped out of the room to tell me things weren't going well to and to come back in another 30 minutes. I decided to eat lunch and when I came back the nurse told me that she was not able to get the PICC line placed after several tries. She is notifying the docs and I'm waiting to hear what their plan is. I started reading the comments that were left while I was away and they were so sweet and brought tears to my eyes. It's good to be reminded and know that God is our refuge and strength and in our weakness He is made strong.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicole & Jimmy,
Waiting for things to happen and for Alex to turn that corner is so hard. It's hard to stay patient and positive, but you both do a pretty good job. I don't know what to say except keep the faith and know that we are all waiting anxiously with you.

Love,
Granmda K

Anonymous said...

Do they not do the PICC line in the surgery room? It was a surgical procedure at the hospital we were at.

Nic said...

We also had it done in a surgery room last time but because she is on the vent and already has a central line in to receive the pain meds, they did it in her room.

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Love,
Nana Carol

Anonymous said...

I thinking about the Diffees and sending my love.

Cousin Rachel

Anonymous said...

So sorry about the PICC. Hopefully there will be a good and viable alternative shortly. We are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers every day.

Krista and Eric, Calvin and Lucy

Anonymous said...

Love to you three

-Womacks

Anonymous said...

still praying for you guys. hang in there.

know that your patience and strength really is an inspiration!

cat

Anonymous said...

Oh, I see. Are they going to try again later? Praying of you guys this evening--my 10 year old daughter was saying her prayers tonight and prayed for all the babies in the hospital. God is already using Autumn to show her compassion for others.