Sunday, August 3, 2008

To shunt or not to shunt

Sorry...that's a terrible title. But it works I guess. That's the next big step for us. All the docs and nurses in the NICU are expecting the shunt. They've scheduled her last feeding at 6:30am, and they plan to go ahead & start an IV to get fluids in her a couple hours after that. All this and Dr. Handler hasn't even made the call yet. But surgery is a significant procedure, and if it is to happen at 3pm (as currently scheduled) then they need to have her ready. So I guess it seems more likely than not. But Handler should be weighing in tomorrow AM, and guess we'll know for sure then.

So we wait...

4 comments:

travis said...

We're here with you.
TDay&Vee

Anonymous said...

Good morning to you three! Still praying that it is not to shunt. But I know that it is Gods hand now as it has always been. Know that you are in my prays.

Love to All THREE
GrmaLee

Cheri said...

Jimmy & Nicole,

I hadn't posted yet, because I just haven't known what to say. Please know that we are thinking of you, and checking for updates and good news throughout every day.
Anna said: "That Jimmy has a beautiful baby. She will grow up to be big & strong."
I know that she will!
You are in our thoughts & prayers,
Dave, Cheri & Anna

casey said...

Hang in there. We're still here and we're still praying. Elizabeth and Kyra are praying for you too.