Sunday, August 3, 2008

Still sleepy







Time seems to be flying by, although the days run together. I'm sitting here now, listening to Bob Marley songs that have been covered as lullabies as Nic gets "kangaroo" time (skin-to-skin) with Alex. Both appear to be sleeping in the reclining chair. We actually have our own little room with her, which is really nice (and private).

Alex did so great this morning. We came in, changed her, took her temp, did some range-of-motion exercises and massaged her legs to stimulate her. She woke right up, and took to nursing like a perfect little angel. She went back to sleep...3.5 hours later we did the same thing, although she wasn't as easy to wake and keep awake during her feeding, but she still ate for an adequate amount of time. I guess that must have held her over because she didn't want to wake much at all for her last feeding. Unfortunately, we had to give her food through the tube, which we really want to get away from doing. So we're still taking little steps toward normal parenting. I just hope she's just a heavy sleeper refusing to adjust to a fixed schedule (which wouldn't surprise me considering her mommy & daddy), and not a result of the fluid accumulation.

Her head circumference is slowly growing, so we're all just kinda thinking tomorrow will indeed be her shunt surgery, which we've been mentally preparing for. At least if it does happen we will have some peace of mind.

I guess my little jab about people not posting worked, since we've seen a flood of new folks posting, as well as the faithful ones :) - we love it.

Since some of you asked to see pictures of all 3 of us, we will happily oblige.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures of all of you. You will be close in our prayers tonight. We will ask for blessings for the surgeon's hands if he has to place the shunt tomorrow AM.

Krista, Eric, Calvin, and Lucy Lavonas

Anonymous said...

I love the ones with all three of you in it. brought tears to my eyes. I have all the pic that you have posted and plan to put them in a book as a keep sake. Your dad likes them too,and great grma bought more paper so I could print them.. We are still praying for our little angel,and the two of you. You and Nicole have shown such great strength through all of this, just know that we are here if you need us. Just a phone call away.
Still praying for all of you.

Love GrmaLee

Anonymous said...

What a cute family you are!!! Goodness, so adorable. :)
~Kayla

Anonymous said...

Once again thanks so much for the pictures and updates.
Love! Cat

Anonymous said...

You guys are Beautiful!!I am so amazed at you, Jimmy and Nicole. You are strong, brave, positive, and yet honest about the struggles you are facing. I thank you for letting so many of us into your lives to share this time with you. The blog allows us to experience with you the day by day ups and downs, and it is precious to be able to encourage you along the way. God has his hand on Alex every second and we are praying for a perfect surgery tomorrow. Alex is already a little minister. She has inspired many prayers and drawn people together in a sweet way. I love you 3 so much!.....Liz

Anonymous said...

I love the family pictures - of course it is obvious who is the center of attention - Our SS class will be lifting you up in prayer tomorrow as the doctor does what is best of Alex. Praise God for attentive and caring physicians and nurses. Thank you, God, for being our GREAT PHYSICIAN.
L. Geppelt

plg said...

Love the pics...prayers on headed your way. Love hugs & rainbows Aunt Panda

Anonymous said...

Nicole and Jimmy
I'm so glad to hear such great news everyday and the progress Alex is making. Alex and I continue to read all the new comments and look for new pictures of that beautiful little face each day. You and Nicole are such an inspiration to everyone and especially Alex and I. We see how much joy you have as you post new pictures of Alex, and that joy is something we can't wait to experience as parents one day.
We continue to pray for all three of you and that God gives you the strength to make it through each and everyday. I pray that Alex continues to fight harder and stronger in the days ahead, and that God will be with all of you if they choose to do the surgery this week. You're in our hearts and our prayers and thank you so much for touching our hearts and letting us be a part of your lives during this time.

With Love,
Ashley and Alex Mccoy
(SFC)

Anonymous said...

The family pics are so sweet. Miss Alex is adorable. You all are still in our prayers and hardly a day goes by that I don't receive a call or an email from someone in the prayer chains asking about her progress. You guys just show such strength and love. God bless you all. You are in our thoughts.

Love you! Nita (Ft.Wth)

TDayTX said...

Jimmy, Nicole, and Alex, we're praying for good news tomorrow. We really do admire your strength.
T.Day&Vee

Anonymous said...

Nicole & Jimmy thank you so much for letting me share this journey with you guys. I haven't commented much but I want you to know that my thoughts and prayers are constantly with you guys. I check the site regularly for updates hoping that all is well. I love seeing the precious new pictures of Alex and the three of you together. Only you guys would think of such a great way to keep us all up to date even though you are busy. Like I said before you guys amaze me and give me strength to get through my everyday struggles. You have made me realize more then ever what is important! Thanks! Love Ya! Jenene

Unknown said...

big sigh. ...wonderful pictures ! I am praying for your family. ..I love you guys...god is witth you- you know that ...he loves you and will watch over you and alex ..regardless of the news tomorrow. dont be afraid for he is with you.!! until tomorrow. I love you! big hug at this point until I can do it in person!

...little steps...little steps...happy happy...smile and know that you are blessed and loved...

Ann........good night sleep tight...

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you all together, looking good my friends.
Leftwich

Anonymous said...

You guys are a beautiful family!!!
Thanks for keeping us updated on everything. We can't wait to meet her. We are praying for all of you. We love you!! Let us know if you need anything.

Sovannary, Marlon, Sovanny & Aquantis