Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Home Sweet Home





I can't believe it's already Tuesday. So sorry we haven't posted for a few days. I know some of you thought we may have been kidnapped and we have been by our baby girl :)
We had a great weekend together at home and Alex just continues to amaze us. As we read the Sunday newspaper, Alex read her baby animals book which she loves. She is already a month old and time is flying.

Since Alex has been home we've been working on settling back into a routine. Momma and Daddy have been a bit sleep deprived since Miss Alex likes to be up until the early morning hours lately, but we are working on that (all you parents are probably laughing). She likes her sponge baths and enjoys getting her hair washed in the sink. She's also been getting her vitamin D and is def an outdoors girl. We have dinner most nights on our back porch and like to visit outside when we have company over and of course Alex is the center of attention and right there with us.

We only have one doctors appointment this week with neurosurgery and it's just a follow up visit for her shunt. So far so good. No complications that we are aware of and she has been recovering beautifully. We plan to visit her great grandma Joyce tonight who is a very special woman to momma. We love hearing from everyone and are glad that you are still checking in.

Much Love!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jimmy & Nicole,
I really like to read your news. Today's made me warm & fuzzy. I love looking at pictures of Alex. She is sooooo adorable -- and she makes me smile.
God Bless your days!
Ruth C.

Anonymous said...

she is just soooo cute! I love seeing her in her different outfits. 1 month old and reading, a smart little cookie you have.

can't wait for more pixs!!

Taylor :)

Cat said...

I love the pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

Jimmy & Nicole... This is Lee's mom, I was in Tulsa when Alex was born, but I am home in Calif now and will keep up with the blog, daily. I have been praying for you and the Doctors and Nurses and everyone taking care of Alex. I am so glad to see that she is doing so well, and hope and pray that it contunes. I know that God has a special plan for her, and will keep her safe... I love hearing all the good news, and will keep in touch with the blog. I love you all Graandma Gordon

volleykat18 said...

I love her and want to eat her up! Congrats on being home and settling in to "normal nights" of no sleep:)

Anonymous said...

Jim and Nicole
Grandpa wanted to let you know that we are thinking about you. We love the pics of Alex,they are so cute. Can't wait to see more of them. Of course I am still praying for all three of you. I know that everything will go fine at the Drs. visit.

LOVE YOU ALL

GRANDPA AND GRMALEE

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the new pictures she is so adorable! Thanks for the update I was getting anxious! I am so happy that everything is going good. Lots of Love! Jenene

Anonymous said...

It's all so worth it...she is so cute and looks so happy! Congratulations...Joe, Shannon, Ella and Mason Massarotti

Anonymous said...

J & N,
Yes, I chuckled at the sleep deprived comment. That is why God gives babies to young people; us oldies couldn't hold up.

Enjoy all of the littel things. I encourage you to journal these. You and Alex will love these many years down the road.

Love you guys.

Gary Geppelt

Anonymous said...

Sweet!! She likes to read! We will have to take a field trip to the library soon :)

Anonymous said...

I love the pics!!!! I happy to read the good news. keep up the good work. I Love you, Tasha

TDayTX said...

Fancy that, Alex is an outdoors girl? It's as if she takes after her parents or something ;) TDay&Vee

Susan said...

Wow, she is SO cute. I'm glad that you are all home and seem to be getting settled. You're still in our thoughts and prayers as I'm sure there are still many things you are dealing with.
~Alan and Susan

Anonymous said...

I am still checking in on you all from MO! I hope that life is getting back to normal!

Im glad that Alex likes to read...grad school is in her near future:)

Jeanna

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! Glad all is well and I can't wait to meet Alex when she's awake. :) Love, Stephanie

Joy said...

Congratulations to such a beautiful family, Mom, Dad, and little Alex. You three have been through so much in such a short time, and you are clearly keeping focused on that which is most important - the love within your family. The blog you have created is a wonderful diary, filled with stories, wories, and smile. Thank you for sharing your thoughs with us.

Best wishes,
Joy Stern
(your genetic counselor)