Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sometimes it's hard to find the right words

Dana, a friend of ours said it best when she said "nothing is right in a momma's world if something is wrong with their baby." Well this is so true and I'd being lying if I said that I wasn't sick with worry or that I'm not scared.  I also have faith and I know we have so much love surrounding us, not to mention one strong little lady that never gives up.

It's very quiet here tonight and I've been thinking a lot about our journey with Alex and how she's changed our lives.  I think about all of the beautiful people we've met along the way and continue to meet as she gets older.  I was brought to tears reading the comments from Wendy and Stacey who get Alex home each day safely from school and the Elmo balloon that Ashley brought Alex because she thought of how happy she would be to see Elmo when she wakes up.  All of my amazing SB mom friends who can relate and know so well the stresses of being a frequent flyer at the hospital.  I love that I met my dear friend Amber from Billings, MT in a waiting room last time Alex was in the PICU who is still sending her love years later.  Over the years I've met the most amazing nurses that have cared for Alex and as most know I've decided to pursue my own career in nursing.  Whether Alex is in the hospital or we are out having fun, my nursing school friends always show their support and I know each of them are on their way to becoming amazing nurses. There really is so much beauty surrounding Alex and our family and we are so thankful for that.  It's what keeps us strong and helps us through these rough patches.  

We really appreciate all of the prayers and support pouring in from family and friends.  Know that we read your comments over and over again throughout the day and they mean a lot to us. Some people say they don't leave comments because they don't know what to say or they feel intimated by the other comments but anything you post is great and it's nice to know who's thinking of us and following our blog.

-Much love from the Diffees-

5 comments:

Cat said...

Love you guys...so much...hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful people surround your family because you are
Wonderful. Love and hugs
Nana Carol

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am so sorry you guys have to go through this again.

Lord please continue to comfort, encourage, and strengthen the Diffees. They mean so much to so many.

Trevor

yonderkat said...

That is so wonderful you went into nursing because you were inspired by the people who helped you. The world needs more people like you!

Unknown said...

My brother had an unexpected trip to ICU at Comers Children hospital at age 5 and I was terrified and so were my parents and sister as well as the rest of my family. It was a wake up call to spend as much time as possible with the ones you love because they can be gone in a second. But my brother is well again and is going to turn 9 early next year in March and I am grateful! I have a feeling that Alex will get through this and I certainly hope she will.
God bless,
Mia