Thursday, December 22, 2011

The snow pile


Alex's Christmas Tree

We visited the "snow pile" yesterday which is an annual event here at the hospital where parents of hospitalized kids get to pick out gifts for their child and their siblings.  The hospital truly does a great job of lifting spirits and bringing the holidays to the children.  It was literally a snow pile of toys, books, clothing and stuffed animals. It brought tears to my eyes to walk around the shop and see the donations that would help make this holiday special for Alex and all the other kids who will spend Christmas in the hospital. The wrapped presents are now under Alex's own little tree in her room, thanks to my grandma who thought to bring a tree and Cat who decorated it.       

Just one glimpse of the "snow pile"

Ryan also had fun in the snow pile at home.  We got 12 inches of snow at our house so as you might guess it's going to be a white Christmas, but sunny and a high of 53 degrees. Yep, a true Denver Christmas.



1 comment:

Stacey Chavez said...

Hello Diffee family! I've been thinking a lot about you guys and how my little Alex is doing. I'm glad to hear that the hospital does things for the children that are in the hospital! Alex's Christmas tree is just perfect and I love it! I check the blog everyday as I wait to see an update on Alex. I wish I could go visit her but I know now is not a good time. It looks like Ryan had a BLAST playing in the snow! I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year! God Bless and I will keep saying my prayers everyday for you guys and for my little Alex!!!