Friday, August 8, 2014

Some people are worth melting for - Olaf

Alex is still hanging out in the ICU spiking fevers but overall feeling better and back to being her cute self. We are making progress in the right direction, so much so she's transferring out of ICU to the floor today. Alex has been awake and alert watching Frozen a couple times a day and chatting it up with all the nurses and medical team. She's a "hoot" as some would say and has the funniest sense of humor.

We are not sure how long her stay will be and are waiting to hear if she'll stay on IV antibiotics or transition to oral antibiotics. She will also require a medical procedure/revision involving her bladder next week due to complications from her recent surgery.  Hoping for a speedy recovery so we can enjoy the rest of our summer before school starts back up and it's Frozen outside.  


"I'm Olaf and I like warm hugs"
Thanks for the balloon Nana

"I don't know if I'm elated or gassy, but I'm somewhere in that zone" - Anna of Arendale

"Let it go" - Elsa 
Lauren and Nathan - we love the Frozen balloon
     

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want you to know that I am praying for that beautiful little girl, for her wonderful parents, and little sister, and all of the medical team involved with her care. Hang in there guys. Love Laveena

Unknown said...

oh my goodness! so cute!! :) love and prayers. -Lauren