Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Our baby is back in the hospital

Alex was having some respiratory issues last night and struggling to breathe so we made a trip to Children's ER and she was admitted. Jimmy and I have have resorted to taking shifts and he had the long dreaded night (or should I say morning) shift in the ER with Alex while I stayed home to get some sleep.

We don't know what to expect for this stay yet but should know more tonight or tomorrow morning. They've bumped up her oxygen and will continue to monitor her breathing. One of the docs followed up with us on her recent sleep study and seems like it is worse than the first one which is so disappointing to hear. Enough bad news for the day...please pray for rest and strength for our family.

8 comments:

tam said...

you are in my prayers. for a speedy recovery and healing. the diffee family is a strong family.
hang in there, alex has a very special parent's that take great care of her and love her. stay strong.

Anonymous said...

Give Alex a hug from her Nana Carol. I'm praying for the 3 of you.
Love,
Nana

JBasnett said...

Nic,

I hope that you all are doing well. Can you believe its been more than a year since I was new in Denver asking you about all the fun things that I should do? CA is going well. Check out some of the new pictures I posted:). You are in our prayers!

Jeanna

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the bad news. Praying for a short stay & a speedy recovery! Always in my thoughts & prayers! Jenene;)

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you three.

Love you,
The Womacks

EEK said...

Got my fingers crossed for a speedy recovery and good news...thinking of you all in the meantime.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear the news! Stay strong guys! Alex is a fighter just like you two! Big Hugs! to all of you and lots of prayers..from me to you.

Ann

Anonymous said...

I'am so sorry that Alex is back in the hospital. I'm hoping for a speedy recovery.You guys keep your heads up. I will keep the 3 of you in my prayers.Give Alex my love you guys take great care of her. love Mrs.leah